1. Maximum Allowance Book loans are three (3) volumes for General Circulation and two (2) volumes for Filipiniana.
2. Books should be returned or renewed on time at the circulation counter from which they were borrowed.
3. Renewal of book loans is allowed except when the other users need the material, or when it is overdue.
4. Any book/material on loan is subject to recall at any time whenever necessary.
5. All overdue books should be returned immediately upon recall.
6. Reference books and Serials are for room use only. With permission, they may be taken out for a maximum of thirty (30) minutes for photocopying.
7. Reserve books may be borrowed for overnight use from 4:00PM and must be returned at 9:00AM the following day.
8. Two weeks before the final examinations, all books are for room use only.
9. Students may renew their borrowed materials if no one has placed a reservation. A book may be renewed once, to give others the opportunity to borrow the book. The following are the number of books may be borrowed and the number of days may be kept.
10. If the needed material is checked out, a student can place a hold on that item. The Library will contact the patron once that material has been returned.
11. Borrowers are responsible for returning materials by the date due.
LOST, DAMAGES AND FINES
Library patrons are responsible for the books they borrow; they must pay for any books which they have lost or damaged.
An item will be determined loss of not returned within fifteen days of the original due date.
Borrowers are responsible for protecting any library material in their possession against damage. Any damage on returned book is charged to the last borrower. Hence, borrowers should inspect the library materials they borrow before leaving the circulation counter.
Charge for damaged book shall be computed at the current effective exchange rate of the book trade. Exact replacement copy/copies of the book is required, plus fifty (Php 50.00) pesos to cover handling and processing cost.
Lost book must be reported at once and replaced or paid by the borrower. Exact replacement copy of the book is required, plus fifty (Php 50.00) to cover handling and processing cost. In the event that the reported lost book is found, only the usual fine is charged.
Any fines/damages not paid for by the end of the semester will result in a hold being placed on the student’s/faculty/library clearance record.
Holds placed on a student’s record will prevent the student from enrolling in future semesters, receiving grades, transcript of records and/or diplomas. Hold will remain in effect until all items have been returned and/or monies due have been paid.
Overdue fines are not to exceed on the cost of the material.
Fines are charged in the amount of five (Php 5.00) pesos per hour per item for all patrons for books not returned on the date due.
Fines on reserve materials returned overdue are charged in the amount of ten (Php 10.00) pesos per hour per overdue item for all patrons.
Fines apply to all; including faculty, staff, students and community users.
Confidentiality of circulation records shall be maintained. No information regarding items on loan or loaned in the past shall be made available to any person other than the borrower. The one exception is for administrative purposes, including resolving un-returned or lost library materials, or fines.